Fragments in the Silence of my Mind

 Without her, is like losing them

Losing home: is missing a part of her.

Why couldn't we grow?

Swallowing ego, shelving dreams..

What the hell is wrong with me?

Every day I count the days

Like we've all passed away,

Haunted by the ghost of you

I've buried all my years.

You can sleep so soundly

In a place that isn't home,

While moving from the truth

While I'm struggling to let you go.

Each breath separates

Our differences in growing old,

Laid to rest my yesterday's

Carrying what I've known.

I wish that I could change

Refrain from being the same,

I would rather starve than to feed on pain.

Is it okay to forget your name?

Can't wait for the day

My spark goes away

You're right, I'm wrong

My footsteps; sorrows song

I'll be dead when morning comes.

I will get what I want.

Could I remember your eyes?

Could I throw away all of this pride?

Funny how you call me,

When you're alone and no one's talking.

I wanted to lie next to you,

The only peace I ever knew.

Is it too much to put on you?

Or another excuse that you'll live on through?

I'll wait until the sun dies,

I've been waiting for this moment all of my life...

In the silence of my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts